BL1880F6835661S5PG9x is an addition to the growing family of GlobTek’s IEC 62133 Certified High-Capacity Battery Packs with the host of Safety, Monitoring and Connecting features. Beginning May 1st, 2012, all lithium-ion batteries, including those intended to be used in Medical products must be tested and certified to IEC 62133, with the exception of those contained in information technology equipment (IEC 60950-1) and audio/video (IEC 60065) products. IEC 62133:2012 specifies requirements and tests for the safe operation of portable sealed secondary cells and batteries (other than button) containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolyte, under intended use and reasonably foreseeable misuse. Portable battery IEC 61233 – Medical Devices, Power Tools, Household Applications and others (except Telecom, Audio/Video and ICT products – TC108 is expected to adopt IEC 62133 by 2013): cells must be certified to IEC 62133 in order to certify the battery. Because battery packs do not have a 'delta' test, they will need evaluation with a CB report. After many modifications, IEC issued the second version, which is closest to the formal version of IEC 62133 – 21A/481/CDV at the end of 2010. Comparing IEC 62133 second version (draft) with the IEC 62133 first version, the following improvements can be highlighted:
- Clearer classification on tests in the nickel and lithium systems.
- More detailed clarification on the number of samples and sample pretreatment.
- Additional advice on design of lithium batteries.
- Promotes requirements for transportation safety of lithium battery.
- Compulsory internal short circuit test is added for assessment of internal design.
- Rated Capacity 9400 mAh Minimum
- Nominal Voltage 3.7 Volts
- Watt-Hour Rating 34.78 Watt Hour
- Cell Brand GlobTek
- Cell Size 6.8*35*66 mm
- Cell Configuration 1S5P
- Thermistor (NTC) Inside Pack 10K
- Maximum Discharge Current 2.5A
- Minimum Discharge Voltage 2.4 Volts
- Internal Impedance TBA milli Ohms
- Protection Module Bult-in inside the battery pack
- Pack ID None
- Fuel Gauge IC Used BQ27200
- Fuel Gauge Data Access Method SMBus
- Charger Circuit N/A
- Charging Method Constant Current and Constant Voltage
- Charge Termination Method Minimum Charge Current and Safety Timer as back-up
- Charger Input Voltage 5.25 Volts
- Charger Input Current 2.35A MAX
- Charging Rate TBA
- Charging Time (Approximate) 4 Hours
- Max. Charging Voltage 4.2 plus/minus 2%
- Overcharge Voltage 4.3
- Overdischarge Voltage 2.75
- Overtemperature Overtemperature circuit built-in inside the protection module
- Ambient Temperature During Charging 0°C to +40°C
- Ambient Temperature During Discharging -20°C to +60°C
- Storage Temperature and Charge Retention 1 Year at -20C to +20C; >80%
- 3 Months at -20C to +45C; >80%
- 1 Month at -20C to +60C; >80%
- Humidity 65 +/- 20% Relative Humidity
- Cells Approved To Designed to meet UL 1642
- Pack Approved To Designed to meet UL 2054, IEC 62133
- ROHS Complies with EU 2002/95/EC and China SJ/T 11363-2006
- Transportation Designed to meet UN 38.3
- High operating voltage
- Curved / Flexible
- Similar in all other ways to standard lithium polymer cells
- High energy density
- Customizable connection & housing
- Customizable monitoring (fuel gauge, LED, etc).
- Customizable protection / safety circuitry
- Constant Current (CC) and / or Constant Voltage (CV) Charging Method
- Overcharge / Overdischarge Detection and Cut-off
- Overcurrent Detection
- Multitude of Latest Chemistries
Certifications / Approvals / Safety Compliance:
- COMPLY OR ARE DESIGNED TO COMPLY WITH 2004/108/EC ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO EN61000-6-1:2007, EN61000-6-3:2007.
- MEET OR ARE DESIGNED TO MEET UL 2054 REQUIREMENTS TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, EXPLOSION OR INJURY ASSOCIATED WITH USE / REMOVAL OF A BATTERY FROM A PRODUCT WHICH IS TO BE TRANSPORTED, STORED OR DISCARDED
- MEET OR ARE DESIGNED TO MEET IEC 62133:2012 WHICH SPECIFIES REQUIREMENTS AND TESTS FOR THE SAFE OPERATION OF PORTABLE SEALED SECONDARY CELLS AND BATTERIES UNDER INTENDED USE AND REASONABLY FORESEEABLE MISUSE.
- IATA DANGEROUS GOODS REGULATIONS 56th EDITION
BATTERY CELLS: UL 1642 Certified
- ROHS: Complies with EU 2002/95/EC and China SJ/T 11363-2006
- Transportation: UN 38.3 Pending, Designed to Meet UN 38.3
- Additional Safety Notes, Guidelines and Precautions published on GlobTek’s website: http://en.globtek.com/safety-cautions.php#.UUD-NRzU_l8